On-line ONLY park reservations for the pavilions at Oso de Oro Park are now available. Park reservations for the pavilions are no longer being accepted at the District office until further notice. Trolley Creek Park is currently undergoing a beautification process and reservations and use of the play equipment are not available from September 12 until after November 12. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Basin Parks in Fresno and Clovis
The District operates 150+ stormwater basins to capture and control stormwater and urban runoff in the Fresno/Clovis area. The basins also help recharge our community’s groundwater aquifer. Recreation is yet another use of public land at 23 of these stormwater basins. Some are simply open green space, others have play equipment, baseball diamonds, or soccer fields. Two, Sloan Johnson Oso de Oro Lake Park and Trolley Creek Park, are award-winning parks designed to be fully accessible by visitors of varying physical abilities. They offer pavilion reservations for small events.
Most park sites are open during the dry season, when the basins aren’t doing their main job of controlling stormwater. Typically, they are open from April 1 through October 1, when storms are not expected. A handful are open year-round, including Sloan Johnson Oso de Oro and Trolley Creek Park.
Reservation Fees, Cancellations, Request For Refunds
|Oso de Oro Lake Park||Trolley Creek Park|
Arts and Crafts Pavilion – Seats 35
$30 for a half day / $60 for a full day
Picnic Pavilion – Seats 65
$40 for a half day / $80 for a full day
Playground & Water Tower Pavilions – Seats 65
$40 for a half day / $80 for a full day
- The forms of payment accepted are credit card and PayPal. (Credit cards are subject to 3.49% + an additional flat fee, charged by the credit card company).
- Cancellation of a park reservation by phone or leaving a voice message is not accepted. In order to receive a refund, reservation cancellations must be made by the individual who made the original reservation at least two weeks prior to the reservation date by submitting the cancellation in the form of a written request to include the following:
- Full Name on the Reservation
- Email address, and Valid Phone Number and Address
- Name of Park and Pavilion
- Date of the Reservation and Time
- Sent to:
- Addressed to: FMFCD Park Reservations, 5469 E Olive Ave, Fresno, CA 93727; or
- FAX: (559) 456-3194; or
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A cancellation received two weeks prior to the reservation date is subject to a refund, less a convenience fee charged by the credit card company, if paid by credit card.
- Cancellations received less than two weeks prior to the reservation date are subject to a refund, less a $15.00 processing fee.
- Refunds are made to the person who paid the fee.
- Under no circumstances will a park reservation fee be refunded due to weather conditions or events out of the District’s control; such as opening the park, which is the City of Fresno’s responsibility.
Park Reservations Terms And Conditions
- Upon arrival, Permittees must check in with the Park Attendant on duty. The Permittees must have and show the Park Attendant their Park Permit on the day of the reservation.
- Permittees must honor their reservations by restricting their use to the designated times and specific areas reserved for their group.
- The Permittee is a responsible party and acknowledges that petting zoos, alcohol, smoking, piñatas, bounce houses, ponies, musical instruments, portable barbecues, skateboards/bikes/scooters and feeding the ducks are not allowed.
- To maintain the quality family atmosphere of the park, all Permittees and park visitors are asked to be considerate of those around them. Music and amplification equipment must be kept at a sound level that will not disturb others using the facility or persons in the neighborhood.
- Permittees, as well as visitors, must preserve the quality of the park by cleaning up any trash, food, party decorations, etc., left by their party.
- A reservation may be revoked and future requests for reservations to use the pavilions may be denied for a violation of any of the above.
- The District reserves the right to cancel or adjust a reservation due to weather, construction, operations, maintenance, misconduct or other program needs of the park. Should it become necessary to cancel your reservation, you will be notified immediately.
- For large events or questions regarding your reservation, please contact the District office at (559) 456-3292.
- No dumping or littering; Properly dispose of trash into containers
- No portable BBQ’s, loud music, camping or overnight parking
- No soliciting or peddling
- No use of the park for personal financial gain
- Pets must be on a leash and under the control of the handler
- Feeding the ducks, geese, or wildlife is not allowed
- Profane or indecent language prohibited
- Be courteous and respectful of others
- No skating, skateboarding, scooters, bicycle riding, hoverboard or segway
- No operating or driving of powered or electric vehicles
- No golfing, archery, flying of motor driven or remote controlled model aircrafts or drones
- No bounce houses, pinatas, petting zoos, ponies or water balloons
- No possession or use of alcohol, illegal drugs or smoking
- No possession or use of firearms, air guns, slingshots, paintball guns or fireworks
Exception: Wheelchairs or other power-driven mobility devices used by persons with mobility disabilities consistent with the Americans With Disabilities Act.
For your safety and welfare, all penal, vehicle, county and municipal codes are strictly enforced in this park. Permission to use this park is revoked if any of the rules listed above are broken. Violations of these rules will be prosecuted pursuant to the following code(s) and/or ordinance:
- California Penal Code Section 602J
- County of Fresno Ordinance, Chapter 9.04
- City of Fresno Municipal Code, Article 5, Sections 5-501, 5-502, 5-503, 5-505, 5-506, 5-507, 5-508
- City of Clovis Ordinance, Chapters 6.1, 6.3 and 10
- FMFCD Ordinance, Chapter 5-2016-1