Oso de Oro Park
Sloan Johnson Oso de Oro Lake Park located at 5550 N. Forkner.
Since opening in June 1995, Sloan Johnson Oso de Oro Lake Park has been the recipient of National and State awards for innovation and design excellence. It was also the model for the Districtís Trolley Creek Park in southeast Fresno.
This nine-acre site combines its primary function of storm water retention with secondary functions of groundwater recharge and recreation. Nearly all construction costs were provided by private donations. For a list of donors, click here or see the honor wall at the park.
Park features include:
- Full time park attendant
- Picnic pavilions
- 2 main play structures
- Unique play-safe matting around play structures
- Wheelchair basketball court
- Raised grass area
- Interpretive maze for visually impaired visitors
- Railroad trestle and mural walls
- Live stream and water flume
- Antique riverboat and mining town
- Raised sand play area
- Old fort and tunnel
- Lake and docks
Map of Park
Reservations and Park Rules