The Fresno Metropolitan Flood Control District is preparing to apply for Proposition 68 grant funds through the California Department of Parks and Recreation’s Statewide Parks Program. What new or improved features would you like to see at Trolley Creek Park if grant funds are awarded? Your feedback will help us better serve you and your community! Take the survey here!
Trolley Creek Park
5110 E. Huntington, north of Kings Canyon and east of Willow in Fresno
Trolley Creek Park offers:
- Full time park attendant
- Two picnic pavilions, each with two barbeques
- Two main play structures and swings
- Unique play-safe matting around play structures
- An amphitheater
- Approximately an acre of green space, adjacent to the Water Tower Pavilion
- A taste of Fresno’s history presented with replicas of:
- The famous Meux Home Mansion
- The Fresno Water Tower
- A replica 1920 Birney trolley car
- Walk bridges, and a dry model of Dry Creek
- Three-acre park adjacent to a nine-acre landscaped ponding basin with permanent water feature and wildlife observation dock
Oso de Oro Lake Park Trolley Creek Park
Arts and Crafts Pavilion – seats 35 Playground Pavilion & Water Tower Pavilion–seats 65
$30 for a half day / $60 for a full day $40 for a half day / $80 for a full day
Picnic Pavilion – seats 65
$40 for a half day / $80 for a full day
- The form of payment accepted is cash, check or credit card. (Credit cards are subject to a 2.8% fee charged by the credit card company).
- Cancellation of a park reservation by phone or leaving a voice message is not accepted. In order to receive a refund, reservation cancellations must be made by the individual who made the original reservation at least two weeks prior to the reservation date by submitting the cancellation in the form of a written request to include the following:
- Full Name on the Reservation
- Email address, and Valid Phone Number and Address
- Name of Park and Pavilion
- Date of the Reservation and Time
Addressed to: FMFCD Park Reservations, 5469 E Olive Ave, Fresno, CA 93727
FAX: (559) 456-2452 / Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A cancellation received two weeks prior to the reservation date is subject to a refund, less a convenience fee charged by the credit card company, if paid by credit card.
- Cancellations received less than two weeks prior to the reservation date are subject to a refund, less a $15.00 processing fee.
- Refunds are made to the person who paid the fee.
- Under no circumstances will a park reservation fee be refunded due to weather conditions or events out of the District’s control; such as opening the park, which is the City of Fresno’s responsibility.
PARK RESERVATIONS TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Upon arrival, Permittees must check in with the Park Attendant on duty. The Permittees must have and show the Park Attendant their Park Permit on the day of the reservation.
- Permittees must honor their reservations by restricting their use to the designated times and specific areas reserved for their group.
- The Permittee is a responsible party and acknowledges that petting zoos, alcohol, smoking, piñatas, bounce houses, ponies, musical instruments, portable barbecues, skateboards/bikes/scooters and feeding the ducks are not allowed.
- To maintain the quality family atmosphere of the park, all Permittees and park visitors are asked to be considerate of those around them. Music and amplification equipment must be kept at a sound level that will not disturb others using the facility or persons in the neighborhood.
- Permittees, as well as visitors, must preserve the quality of the park by cleaning up any trash, food, party decorations, etc., left by their party.
- A reservation may be revoked and future requests for reservations to use the pavilions may be denied for a violation of any of the above.
- The District reserves the right to cancel or adjust a reservation due to weather, construction, operations, maintenance, misconduct or other program needs of the park. Should it become necessary to cancel your reservation, you will be notified immediately.
- For large events or questions regarding your reservation, please contact the District office at (559) 456-3292.
Featured in the Fresno Bee newspaper on March 20, 2009:
Trolley Creek Park is a special place because all of its play equipment, pathways, picnic tables, and restrooms are more than just “accessible” to visitors. Trolley Creek Park’s specialized features were modeled after those found in its sister facility, Sloan Johnson Oso de Oro Lake Park.
The park’s grand opening took place on July 9, 2004, and approximately 600 people turned out to help celebrate. Construction of this quality, $1.7 million park was funded almost entirely by grants from the State of California and donations of money, work, materials and time by local citizens and businesses. View the complete listing of generous donors who brought Trolley Creek Park to the citizens of our community.