Clean Storm Water Program
Clean Storm Water is Important to All of Us
As storm water flows through yards, gutters and streets it picks up oil, sediments, litter, garden chemicals and other materials. Urban storm water runoff flows through storm drains to ponding basins, canals, creeks, and the San Joaquin River. All of these replenish groundwater – our drinking water supply. That’s why CLEAN STORM WATER is important to you!
Many ways to help prevent storm water pollution
Tips for Helping Prevent Pollution – little things we do every day – half a million of us – can contribute to water pollution. Look here to find out what we can do to keep storm water clean.
- Activity books for upper and lower elementary school grades. Order your class sets here.
- Video - 5-minute water resources pollution prevention video, available for download or on DVD (upon request).
- Presentations - District staff presentations for classrooms or assemblies. E-mail your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Training materials for reducing stormwater pollution
- Compliance assistance for state and federal permit requirements for construction projects and industrial facilities
- Downloadable Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan models
- Recognition program for business's pollution prevention practices - Partners for Clean Stormwater
- Grants - Information and downloadable applications for grants from the District for community storm water education and improvement projects. Classroom field trips to the San Joaquin River are also available.
- Presentations to trade, business, service, and civic organizations. E-mail your request to email@example.com.
- Illegal Dumping Reports – what, when, and how to report incidents of people using the ground, gutters, streets, and storm drains to dispose of liquid or solid wastes.
2012-2013 annual report
Public Awareness Surveys
What do people know about the Fresno/Clovis area urban storm drainage system? What do people think the connection is between their daily actions and local water quality? Find out by looking at the results of the last three public awareness surveys conducted by the District: 2001, 2005, 2009, and the newly completed 2013 survey.
2014 Public Service Announcements
Take a look and a listen to the District's new PSA spots! They tell the story of stormwater, our community's storm drainage system, and how we all can keep our precious water clean.
Television - 30-second spots
Radio - 60-second spots
Ten Tips for Water Wise Gardening - from Our Water - Our World
Series of Fresno Bee ads on how and why to prevent pollution