The District’s 2018 Clean Stormwater Program multi-media campaign has just won a first place national award! We’re a member of the National Association of Flood and Stormwater Management Agencies, and entered the campaign in their 2018 Excellence in Communication Award competition. At last week’s NAFSMA annual conference, District General Manager Alan Hofmann was presented with an award recognizing our campaign. Read NAFSMA’s news release and the District’s news release.
Here are some of the campaign elements:
- Internet landing page
- TV commercial in English and Spanish
- Radio commercial in Hmong and Punjabi
- Dynamic digital ads in English and Spanish
- Facebook ads (about motor oil, fertilizer, pesticides, and paint)
- Convenience store posters in English, Spanish and Hmong
- Utility bill inserts in English and Spanish
- Appearances on local public affairs shows (Jan., Feb., Apr.)
- Transit ads on FAX buses
This year’s campaign ran from January 4 through March 31, and was produced by our outreach consultant, Archer and Hound Advertising. Doing a multi-media public outreach campaign is one of the requirements under our National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System Permit. The District is the lead agency, with co-permittees, the City of Clovis, City of Fresno, County of Fresno, and Fresno State University.