2018 Clean Stormwater Program campaign wins national award
The District’s 2018 Clean Stormwater Program multi-media campaign has just won a first place national award! We’re a member of the National Association of Flood and Stormwater Management Agencies, and entered the campaign in their 2018 Excellence in Communication Award competition. At last week’s NAFSMA annual conference, District General Manager Alan Hofmann was presented with an award recognizing our campaign. Read NAFSMA’s news release and the District’s news release.
Here are some of the campaign elements:
- Internet landing page
- English TV commerical and Spanish TV commercial
- Hmong radio commercial and Punjabi radio commercial
- English digital ad and Spanish digital ad
- Facebook ads (about motor oil, fertilizer, pesticides, and paint)
- English posters, Spanish posters and Hmong posters for convenience stores
- English utility bill insert and Spanish utility bill insert
- Appearances on local public affairs shows (Jan., Feb., Apr.)
- Transit ads on FAX buses
This year’s campaign ran from January 4 through March 31, and was produced by our outreach consultant, Archer and Hound Advertising. Doing a multi-media public outreach campaign is one of the requirements under our National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System Permit. The District is the lead agency, with co-permittees, the City of Clovis, City of Fresno, County of Fresno, and Fresno State University.